Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bellatrix Lestrange Costume...Finished!


Well I got the Bellatrix costume done just in time for the library's Harry Potter Library Bash! Literally at 11:30 the night before I decided it was good enough. I had to eliminate the hood and the painted on swirls, but I'll add them in at another time. when I have some more time.

My favorite part was making the bird skull necklace. I couldn't find one I liked and I didn't want to pay the money for a replica one. So I did what any normal person would do...I sculpted my own out of clay. I'm actually shocked about how good it looked at the end. I was quite impressed with myself!


(Unpainted...just clay base)


 (Finished product)


(Stick I found outside that I used for the wand)


(Finished product...sanded down, added extra clay and painted)


(Corset stitches)
 
 



Happy Birthday Harry Potter! Next year, I'll have the costume 100% completed!

No comments: