Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bellatrix Lestrange Costume...part 2...the corset

And I've moved onto step 2 of the Bellatrix Lestrange costume: the dreaded corset. With looking at the refernce pictures I saw that it didn't look like there were any front panels or boning in the design. So I wanted to make it as sturdy as possible with the least amount of panels. I opted to divide the corset into 4 pieces. So I drew out a rough idea of what I think corset pieces should look like. And somehow it actually worked. 


I still need to go back in to shape up the top and bottom edges, or better term to make it more ragged, and to add in all the cuts and stitches, but I'm pleased with the shape. It's not perfect but I think it's pretty good for not really knowing what I'm doing. I even managed to get the front lacing to work properly. 

Next step, get those small black eyelets and make up those sleeves.

No comments: