Friday, June 20, 2014

Baby Shower Centerpiece

****This is an old entry from a few years ago but I decided to post it back up again due to it's popularity!**** Plus I need to get into my crafty mood to tackle all these wedding DIY projects!


Alright here is the centerpiece that's going to be on the gift table at my sister's baby shower. It's a much larger version of the guest table centerpieces. It's made pretty much the same way. We took larger Styrofoam blocks and painted them to look like baby blocks. We decorated a large lace umbrella with ribbons and made a bow and dangled colorful plastic pacifiers off of the ends. Then we stuck the umbrella into the blocks and secured it with a lot of glue.

Here's a close up of the top of the umbrella and the pacifiers.
Here's a close up of the rocking horse, stork and baby. My mom insisted on having the Kewpie doll up there and I wanted a stork. We decided to put both up there. You have no idea how difficult it is to find a stork figurine! This is the best one we could find.
And a close up of the cute monkey that goes with her crib set.

No comments: