Thursday, August 8, 2013

Projects, Projects and More Projects

Hello all! Welcome back! The last few days have been crazy busy, as I assume the next few months will be. I made sure to drink plenty of coffee to keep me going. Who needs sleep anyways?

I've been starting to go through all my stuff because I really need to start packing in preparation for the move. The tentative date to get our keys is the 21st. So roughly around that date we will officially get our house! Which is awesome! Too bad I'm a pack rat with way too much junk that I never throw away. So that's the major project right now is to condense as much as I can, or more importantly throw away or give away as much as possible. I've already gone through 4 overflowing Joann Fabric canvas bags of old bills and credit card receipts. Bills going back like 5 years. I don't need you...into the fireplace you go! I also found 2 boxes of old birthday, Christmas, thank you, etc cards. Some from people I can't even remember anymore. Found one from parent's of an ex that didn't end very well...immediately into the trash. Why I have all this stuff, I don't know! That is my resolution for this time- throw stuff away!!

I've also been busy making Fat Cat Pincushions. Some new styles I've made are 60's style Cat Woman and The Wicked Witch of the West. Cat Woman is my new favorite style now. I love her necklace which is all made from sequins, rhinestones and chain. Guess I'm a jewelry maker now!

And I've added on another custom request: Monet Cat. And I've been playing around with dyeing some pom poms to get the right Zombie gray-green color for the paws. Those lime green ones just don't work. And yes the red one will be the Michael Jackson Thriller zombie. What can I say, I'm a child of the 80's who loved that video. Of course I had to make it into a Fat Cat!


And I will be turning this mess of felt squares into this brilliant scrapbooking divider. I think it'll fit my fabric...I hope. Something seriously needs to be done with that area.
<----------this needs to be converted into...

                                                   This!!------>

I need to also start trying to figure out what Star Wars costume to make for our library's October event. It's a pretty cool event, even for a non-Star Wars fan such as myself. I have nothing against it, I've just never been that into it.








But the event it great because we get performers from our local 501st and Rebel Legion groups.






Which means we have lots of Storm Troopers, Jedi's and Rebel Pilots walking around and interacting with the members. 
And it's an after hours event so we don't have to worry about disturbing anyone trying to read and we can be as loud as we like. Last year I was Padme.

But I'd really like to do something different this time. No idea what that'll be though. Any suggestions?? I need to have it sewn by the first week of October. I also need to figure out my actual Halloween costume. And sometime in November is our Doctor Who event at the library. So there will be 3 costumes back to back to back. I'm also going to the Columbus Comic Book Convention in mid-September, which I'd really loved to make a costume for, but I don't see it happening. With the move and everything happening around the same time, I think it'd be a lost cause. Unless it's something I could whip up in a day...Hmmm, what's a very VERY simple comic book character?

Well, those are my projects for now, some completed, some started and some, well, not so much. 

Talk to you later!
 -Kathleen






2 comments:

Glan Deas said...

Nice dresses!!! In the white dress you looks like super woman. I like white color.

Regards,
Kopi Luwak

Kathleen said...

Thank you!